Read our 2020 Report Card for Lee.
Lee is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Lee has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 21, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Susie Lee sits on the following committees:
Lee was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6589 (116th): Department of Veterans Affairs Chief Financial Officer Authority and Collaboration Act of 2020
- H.R. 7879 (116th): VA Telehealth Expansion Act
- H.R. 1198 (116th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 404 South Boulder Highway in Henderson, Nevada, as the “Henderson Veterans Memorial Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 4154 (116th): Leave no Veteran Behind Act
Does 4 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lee sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Lee’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3831: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide for certain ...
- H.R. 3155: Small Business Child Care Investment Act
- H.R. 2986: End Speculative Oil and Gas Leasing Act of 2021
- H.R. 2929: Virtual Peer Support Act of 2021
- H.R. 1353: Coronavirus Medicaid Response Act
- H.R. 764: Keep Our PACT Act
- H.R. 8126 (116th): Communities Serving Schools Act of 2020
From Jan 2019 to Jun 2021, Lee missed 5 of 1,128 roll call votes, which is 0.4%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: