Read our 2018 Report Card for DelBene.
DelBene is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills DelBene has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 6, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Suzan DelBene sits on the following committees:
- House Select Committee on the Modernization of Congress
- House Committee on Ways and Means
DelBene was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1380: Timber Innovation Act of 2017
- H.R. 1103: Child Abuse Accountability Enhancement Act
- H.R. 908 (113th): Green Mountain Lookout Heritage Protection Act
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
DelBene sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (19%) Health (17%) Armed Forces and National Security (14%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (14%) Agriculture and Food (12%) Education (10%) Labor and Employment (7%) Science, Technology, Communications (7%)
Some of DelBene’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5368: To provide for secure disclosure of tax-return information to carry out the Higher ...
- H.R. 5333: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to ensure prompt coverage ...
- H.Res. 707: Congratulating Seattle Sounders FC on winning the 2019 Major League Soccer Cup.
- H.R. 4829: Remote Seafood Employee Meals Tax Parity Act
- H.R. 4414: Electronic Books Opening Opportunity for Knowledge Act of 2019
- H.R. 4017: Lifelong Learning and Training Account Act of 2019
- H.R. 4016: Portable Benefits for Independent Workers Pilot Program Act
From Nov 2012 to Dec 2019, DelBene missed 20 of 4,450 roll call votes, which is 0.4%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: