Read our 2018 Report Card for DelBene.
DelBene is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills DelBene has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 24, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Suzan DelBene sits on the following committees:
- House Select Committee on the Modernization of Congress
- House Committee on Ways and Means
DelBene was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1380: Timber Innovation Act of 2017
- H.R. 1103: Child Abuse Accountability Enhancement Act
- H.R. 908 (113th): Green Mountain Lookout Heritage Protection Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
DelBene sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (19%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (14%) Health (14%) Taxation (14%) Agriculture and Food (14%) Emergency Management (11%) Education (8%) Commerce (8%)
Some of DelBene’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2636: Smart Cities and Communities Act of 2019
- H.R. 2013: Information Transparency & Personal Data Control Act
- H.R. 1916: Save Community Newspaper Act of 2019
- H.R. 1301: Mental Health Telemedicine Expansion Act
- H.R. 1261: National Landslide Preparedness Act
- H.R. 7235: Lifelong Learning and Training Account Act of 2018
- H.R. 6864: Information Transparency & Personal Data Control Act
From Nov 2012 to May 2019, DelBene missed 20 of 4,025 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: