Read our 2019 Report Card for Bonamici.
Bonamici is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bonamici has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jan 27, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Suzanne Bonamici sits on the following committees:
Bonamici was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 312: Tsunami Warning, Education, and Research Act of 2017
- H.R. 34 (114th): 21st Century Cures Act
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bonamici sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (29%) Environmental Protection (20%) Labor and Employment (15%) Finance and Financial Sector (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%) Social Welfare (7%) Health (7%) Agriculture and Food (5%)
Some of Bonamici’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5589: Blue Carbon for Our Planet Act
- H.R. 4637: Opportunity to Address College Hunger Act
- H.Res. 589: Expressing the need for immediate climate action in response to the United Nations ...
- H.Res. 578: Expressing support for the designation of September 2019 as “National Workforce Development Month” ...
- H.R. 4334: Dignity in Aging Act of 2019
- H.R. 3969: SOS 2.0 Act
- H.R. 3833: Streamlining Income-driven, Manageable Payments on Loans for Education Act
From Feb 2012 to Jan 2020, Bonamici missed 42 of 5,089 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: