Our unique analysis of the bills Bonamici has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bonamici is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Bonamici for more statistics.
Suzanne Bonamici sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
Bonamici sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (28%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (17%) Health (14%) Transportation and Public Works (10%) Finance and Financial Sector (10%) Native Americans (7%) Labor and Employment (7%) Taxation (7%)
Some of Bonamici’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5962: SIMPLE Act
- H.R. 5762: Hazardous Materials Rail Transportation Safety Improvement Act of 2016
- H.Res. 756: Expressing support for a whole child approach to education and recognizing the role ...
- H.R. 5023: SAFE Lending Act of 2016
- H.Res. 568: Honoring the Portland Timbers as the champions of Major League Soccer in 2015.
- H.R. 3886: Early Childhood Nutrition Improvement Act
- H.R. 3736: Clatsop-Nehalem Restoration Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Bonamici’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 644: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015
Dec 11, 2015. Passed.
S. 1356: A bill to clarify that certain provisions of the Border Patrol Agent Pay Reform Act of 2014 will ...
Nov 5, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.Res. 162: Calling on the President to provide Ukraine with military assistance to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity.
Mar 23, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Feb 2012 to Dec 2016, Bonamici missed 34 of 3,129 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: