Bonamici is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bonamici has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2019 to Jan 24, 2023. See full analysis methodology.
Bonamici was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4334 (116th): Supporting Older Americans Act of 2020
- H.R. 6203 (116th): COVID-19 Child Nutrition Response Act
- H.R. 6084 (116th): Water Power Research and Development Act
- H.R. 3969 (116th): SOS 2.0 Act
- H.R. 4417 (115th): Harmful Algal Bloom and Hypoxia Research and Control Amendments Act of 2017
- H.R. 312 (115th): Tsunami Warning, Education, and Research Act of 2017
- H.R. 34 (114th): 21st Century Cures Act
Does 7 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bonamici sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (21%) Environmental Protection (19%) Labor and Employment (15%) Finance and Financial Sector (12%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Social Welfare (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (7%) Health (7%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Bonamici recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 309: Opportunity To Address College Hunger Act
- H.R. 9375: Build Housing with Care Act of 2022
- H.R. 9325: EQUAL Defense Act of 2022
- H.R. 9307: SAFE Lending Act of 2022
- H.R. 9255: Save Our Seas 2.0 Amendments Act
- H.R. 9175: CREATIVE Act of 2022
- H.R. 9142: Elder Pride Act of 2022
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Feb 2012 to Dec 2022, Bonamici missed 45 of 6,313 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
|2013 Jan-Jan 112th Congress||5||0||0.0%||0th|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: