Read our 2018 Report Card for Bonamici.
Bonamici is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bonamici has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 15, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Suzanne Bonamici sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Education and Labor
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis
Bonamici was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 312: Tsunami Warning, Education, and Research Act of 2017
- H.R. 34 (114th): 21st Century Cures Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bonamici sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (32%) Labor and Employment (13%) Environmental Protection (13%) Health (11%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Finance and Financial Sector (8%) Native Americans (8%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%)
Some of Bonamici’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3547: Students and Young Consumers Empowerment Act
- H.R. 3548: Bolstering Long-Term Understanding and Exploration of the Great Lakes, Oceans, Bays, and Estuaries ...
- H.R. 3308: Building STEAM Education Act of 2019
- H.R. 3171: Safe Disposal of Opioids Act of 2019
- H.Res. 427: Recognizing World Oceans Day and the necessity to protect, conserve, maintain, and rebuild ...
- H.R. 3105: Opioid Treatment Surge Act
- H.R. 3086: Respond, Innovate, Succeed, and Empower Act of 2019
From Feb 2012 to Jul 2019, Bonamici missed 42 of 4,843 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: