Our unique analysis of the bills Bonamici has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bonamici is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Bonamici for more statistics.
Suzanne Bonamici sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
Bonamici sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (29%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (18%) Transportation and Public Works (11%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Health (11%) Taxation (7%) Native Americans (7%) Science, Technology, Communications (7%)
Some of Bonamici’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5962: SIMPLE Act
- H.R. 5762: Hazardous Materials Rail Transportation Safety Improvement Act of 2016
- H.Res. 756: Expressing support for a whole child approach to education and recognizing the role ...
- H.R. 5023: SAFE Lending Act of 2016
- H.Res. 568: Honoring the Portland Timbers as the champions of Major League Soccer in 2015.
- H.R. 3886: Early Childhood Nutrition Improvement Act
- H.R. 3736: Clatsop-Nehalem Restoration Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Feb 2012 to Sep 2016, Bonamici missed 32 of 3,085 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: