Bonamici is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bonamici has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jan 20, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Suzanne Bonamici sits on the following committees:
Bonamici was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4334 (116th): Supporting Older Americans Act of 2020
- H.R. 6203 (116th): COVID-19 Child Nutrition Response Act
- H.R. 6084 (116th): Water Power Research and Development Act
- H.R. 3969 (116th): SOS 2.0 Act
- H.R. 4417 (115th): Harmful Algal Bloom and Hypoxia Research and Control Amendments Act of 2017
- H.R. 312 (115th): Tsunami Warning, Education, and Research Act of 2017
- H.R. 34 (114th): 21st Century Cures Act
Does 7 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bonamici sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (21%) Environmental Protection (19%) Labor and Employment (19%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (11%) Social Welfare (7%) Health (7%) Agriculture and Food (5%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Bonamici recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 5919: Early Childhood Nutrition Improvement Act
- H.R. 5890: Student Loan Borrower Safety Net Act of 2021
- H.R. 5832: Retirement Savings Lost and Found Act of 2021
- H.R. 5581: Arts Education for All Act
- H.Res. 689: Expressing support for the designation of September 2021 as “National Workforce Development Month” …
- H.R. 5375: To regulate tax return preparers and refund anticipation payment arrangements.
- H.R. 5322: Students and Young Consumers Empowerment Act
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Feb 2012 to Jan 2022, Bonamici missed 45 of 5,778 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: