Baldwin is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the Senate positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Baldwin has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jan 18, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Baldwin was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- S. 3466: A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2650 North Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, as the “Vel ...
- S. 447: Justice for Uncompensated Survivors Today (JUST) Act of 2017
- S. 1153: Veterans Acquiring Community Care Expect Safe Services Act of 2017
- S. 783: Improving Access to Maternity Care Act
- H.R. 797 (110th): Dr. James Allen Veteran Vision Equity Act of 2007
- H.R. 1132 (110th): National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program Reauthorization Act of 2007
- H.R. 1760 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 215 Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard in Madison, Wisconsin, as the “Robert M. La Follette, ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Baldwin sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (24%) Education (16%) Armed Forces and National Security (15%) Government Operations and Politics (11%) Labor and Employment (11%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Taxation (8%) Transportation and Public Works (7%)
Some of Baldwin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 156: A bill to prevent conflicts of interest that stem from executive branch employees ...
- S. 30: Chiropractic Health Parity for Military Beneficiaries Act
- S. 3650: ACCESS Rural America Act
- S. 3620: Chiropractic Health Parity for Military Beneficiaries Act
- S.Res. 665: A resolution designating October 2018 as “National Employee Ownership Month”.
- S. 3491: COMMUTE Act
- S. 3466: A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located ...
|Baldwin’s Vote||Vote Description|
On the Nomination PN2047: Elad L. Roisman, of Maine, to be a Member of the Securities and Exchange Commission for a term expiring June 5, 2023
Sep 5, 2018. Nomination Confirmed 85/14.
H.J.Res. 43: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the final rule submitted by Secretary of Health and Human Services relating ...
Mar 30, 2017. Joint Resolution Passed 51/50.
Joe Biden never got the opportunity to break a single 50-50 Senate tie in eight years as vice president. Mike Pence has already broken two. One from last month has since become law: a measure allowing states to withhold federal Planned Parenthood funding. (The other ...
On the Nomination PN41: Daniel Coats, of Indiana, to be Director of National Intelligence
Mar 15, 2017. Nomination Confirmed 85/12.
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Bill Passed 72/26.
The Continuing Appropriations and Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2017, and Zika Response and Preparedness Act (H.R. 5325) is an appropriations bill which extended funding at the previous year's levels up to December 9, 2016 (10 weeks). After this, a continuing ...
S. 2328: National Sea Grant College Program Amendments Act of 2015
Jun 29, 2016. Motion Agreed to 68/30.
The Puerto Rico Oversight, Management, and Economic Stability Act (PROMESA) is a 2016 US federal law that established an oversight board, a process for restructuring debt, and expedited procedures for approving critical infrastructure projects in order to combat the Puerto Rican government-debt crisis. Through PROMESA, ...
H.R. 22: Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act
Dec 3, 2015. Conference Report Agreed to 83/16.
H.R 22, formerly the Hire More Heroes Act, has become the Senate’s vehicle for passage of the Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act or DRIVE Act (S. 1647). The DRIVE Act is a major bipartisan transportation bill that would authorize funding ...
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant legislative change to the U.S. patent system since the ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2013 to Jan 2019, Baldwin missed 6 of 1,765 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 1.2% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: