Read our 2016 Report Card for Baldwin.
Our unique analysis of the bills Baldwin has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Baldwin is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Tammy Baldwin sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Member, Subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Baldwin was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- S. 1641 (114th): Jason Simcakoski Memorial Opioid Safety Act
- H.R. 389 (111th): Family Fairness Act of 2009
- H.R. 797 (110th): Dr. James Allen Veteran Vision Equity Act of 2007
- H.R. 1132 (110th): National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program Reauthorization Act of 2007
- H.R. 1760 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 215 Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard in Madison, Wisconsin, as the “Robert M. La Follette, ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Baldwin sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (24%) Education (19%) Armed Forces and National Security (16%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%) Commerce (10%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Crime and Law Enforcement (6%) Environmental Protection (5%)
Some of Baldwin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 447: Justice for Uncompensated Survivors Today (JUST) Act of 2017
- S. 369: BRAVE Act
- S. 265: Financial Services Conflict of Interest Act
- S.Res. 28: A resolution designating January 27, 2017, as “Earned Income Tax Credit Awareness Day”.
- S. 172: A bill to require the President to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement ...
- S. 110: Digital Coast Act
- S. 130: DAIRY PRIDE Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Baldwin’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 3087 (110th): A bill to require the Secretary of Defense to submit to Congress reports on the status of ...
Oct 2, 2007. Passed 377/46.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2013 to Mar 2017, Baldwin missed 3 of 1,251 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 51 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: