Read our 2020 Report Card for Duckworth.
Duckworth is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the Senate positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Duckworth has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Feb 23, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Tammy Duckworth sits on the following committees:
Duckworth was the primary sponsor of 10 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 1014 (116th): Route 66 Centennial Commission Act
- S. 2638 (116th): Friendly Airports for Mothers Improvement Act
- S. 3474 (116th): Women Who Worked on the Home Front World War II Memorial Act
- S. 298 (116th): Springfield Race Riot National Historic Monument Act
- S. 1739 (116th): Department of Energy National Labs Jobs ACCESS Act
- S. 2679 (116th): Citizenship for Children of Military Members and Civil Servants Act
- S. 2679 (115th): Veterans Small Business Enhancement Act of 2018
Does 10 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Duckworth sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (22%) Environmental Protection (16%) Health (13%) Transportation and Public Works (12%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (10%) Immigration (9%) Energy (8%)
Some of Duckworth’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 399: A bill to prohibit the Secretary of Veterans Affairs from charging veterans copayments ...
- S. 304: A bill to provide targeted funding for States and other eligible entities through ...
- S. 305: A bill to establish the Springfield Race Riot National Monument in the State ...
- S. 266: A bill to require the Secretary of Health and Human Services to use ...
- S. 5038 (116th): Supportive Living Food Access Protection Act of 2020
- S. 5037 (116th): Relief for Working Families Act of 2020
- S. 4842 (116th): A bill to prohibit the suspension or limitation of the admission to ...
From Jan 2017 to Feb 2021, Duckworth missed 99 of 1,383 roll call votes, which is 7.2%. This is much worse than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: