Read our 2018 Report Card for Duckworth.
Duckworth is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the Senate positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Duckworth has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 20, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Tammy Duckworth sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Transportation and Safety
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation and Space
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Security
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Duckworth was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- S. 2679 (115th): Veterans Small Business Enhancement Act of 2018
- S. 1050 (115th): Chinese-American World War II Veteran Congressional Gold Medal Act
- S. 496: A bill to repeal the rule issued by the Federal Highway Administration and the Federal Transit Administration entitled “Metropolitan Planning Organization Coordination and Planning Area Reform”.
- H.R. 4797 (114th): GET THE LEAD OUT Act of 2016
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Duckworth sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (19%) Health (16%) Transportation and Public Works (14%) Environmental Protection (13%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (10%) Education (10%) Government Operations and Politics (9%)
Some of Duckworth’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1573: A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to eliminate copayments by ...
- S.Res. 216: A resolution recognizing the contributions made by the men and women of the ...
- S. 1402: A bill to direct the Secretary of Labor to recognize employers with a ...
- S. 1403: A bill to amend the Child Care Access Means Parents in School Program ...
- S. 1401: A bill to establish eligibility requirements for education support professionals under the Family ...
- S. 1404: A bill to amend the Public Health Service Act to address the increased ...
- S. 1330: Department of Energy and Nuclear Regulatory Commission Whistleblower Protection Act of 2019
From Jan 2017 to May 2019, Duckworth missed 80 of 721 roll call votes, which is 11.1%. This is much worse than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: