Read our 2016 Report Card for Duckworth.
Tammy Duckworth sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Duckworth was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- S. 496: A bill to repeal the rule issued by the Federal Highway Administration and the Federal Transit Administration entitled “Metropolitan Planning Organization Coordination and Planning Area Reform”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Duckworth sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (32%) Education (13%) Transportation and Public Works (13%) Science, Technology, Communications (11%) Environmental Protection (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%) Government Operations and Politics (8%) Labor and Employment (5%)
Some of Duckworth’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1614: A bill to provide for the regulation of video visitation services and inmate ...
- S. 1474: REGION Act
- S. 1401: Get the Lead Out of Schools Act
- S.Res. 187: A resolution congratulating and honoring Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory on 50 years of ...
- S.Res. 169: A resolution congratulating Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory on 50 years of groundbreaking discoveries.
- S. 1161: Veterans Preventive Health Coverage Fairness Act
- S. 1160: Abraham Lincoln National Heritage Area Amendment Act
|Duckworth’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Con.Res. 112: Expressing the sense of Congress opposing the President’s proposed $10 tax on every barrel of oil.
Jun 10, 2016. Passed 253/144.
H.Res. 720: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 4641) to provide for the establishment of an inter-agency task force to review, modify, and update best practices for ...
May 11, 2016. Passed 255/163.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed 247/178.
The Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016 (IAA), H.R. 2596, was passed by the House on June 16. The IAA would authorize funding for intelligence-related agencies such as the Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. It was passed ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 4745 (113th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2015
Jun 10, 2014. Passed 229/192.
H.R. 592 (113th): Federal Disaster Assistance Nonprofit Fairness Act of 2013
Feb 13, 2013. Passed 354/72.
From Jan 2017 to Jul 2017, Duckworth missed 2 of 165 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is on par with the median of 1.3% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 139 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: