Read our 2020 Report Card for Duckworth.
Duckworth is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the Senate positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Duckworth has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to May 25, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Tammy Duckworth sits on the following committees:
Duckworth was the primary sponsor of 14 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 796: Protecting Moms Who Served Act of 2021
- S. 1814: Women Who Worked on the Home Front World War II Memorial Act
- S. 914: Drinking Water and Wastewater Infrastructure Act of 2021
- S. 1014 (116th): Route 66 Centennial Commission Act
- S. 2638 (116th): Friendly Airports for Mothers Improvement Act
- S. 3903 (116th): ELITE Act of 2020
- S. 3474 (116th): Women Who Worked on the Home Front World War II Memorial Act
Does 14 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Duckworth sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Duckworth recently introduced the following legislation:
- S. 4317: A bill to amend title 10, United States Code, to codify certain clean …
- S. 4331: A bill to require a plan on emergency military assistance to Taiwan and …
- S. 4272: A bill to improve promotion practices in the National Guard, and for other …
- S.Res. 637: A resolution expressing support for viewing women’s health as a critical issue for …
- S. 4184: Blair Holt Firearm Owner Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2022
- S. 4157: LEAD Act of 2022
- S. 4138: Bioindustrial and Additive Manufacturing for America Act of 2022
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2017 to May 2022, Duckworth missed 104 of 2,058 roll call votes, which is 5.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: