Our unique analysis of the bills Duckworth has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Duckworth is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Duckworth for more statistics.
Tammy Duckworth sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- House Select Committee on the Events Surrounding the 2012 Terrorist Attack in Benghazi
Duckworth sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (31%) Education (19%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) Emergency Management (8%) Labor and Employment (8%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%) Commerce (8%) Environmental Protection (8%)
Some of Duckworth’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5922: Saving Federal Dollars Through Better Use of Government Purchase and Travel Cards Act ...
- H.R. 5833: Get the Lead Out of Schools Act
- H.R. 5643: Active Shooter Preparedness Enhancement Act of 2016
- H.R. 5642: Counterterrorism Enhancement Act of 2016
- H.R. 5534: TSA Workforce Flexibility Act
- H.R. 5106: In the Red Act of 2016
- H.R. 5062: 21st Century American Service Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, Duckworth missed 205 of 2,385 roll call votes, which is 8.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 139 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: