Our unique analysis of the bills Lieu has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Lieu is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Lieu for more statistics.
Ted Lieu sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Budget
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
Lieu sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Lieu’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6179: Restricting First Use of Nuclear Weapons Act of 2016
- H.R. 6107: Legal Services for Homeless Veterans Act of 2016
- H.J.Res. 98: Relating to the disapproval of the proposed foreign military sale to the Government ...
- H.Con.Res. 143: Expressing the sense of Congress relating to the disapproval of certain activities of ...
- H.Res. 792: Reaffirming the United States commitment to the protection of refugees and displaced persons.
- H.J.Res. 90: To provide limitations on the transfer of certain United States munitions from the ...
- H.R. 4966: Preventing Superbugs and Protecting Patients Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Lieu’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 546: Providing for consideration of the conference report to accompany the bill (H.R. 22) to authorize funds for Federal-aid ...
Dec 3, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 4127: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Dec 1, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 1731: National Cybersecurity Protection Advancement Act of 2015
Apr 23, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2015 to Dec 2016, Lieu missed 131 of 1,325 roll call votes, which is 9.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: