Our unique analysis of the bills Lieu has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Lieu is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Lieu for more statistics.
Ted Lieu sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Budget
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
Lieu sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Lieu’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6179: To prohibit the conduct of a first-use nuclear strike absent a declaration of ...
- H.R. 6107: Legal Services for Homeless Veterans Act of 2016
- H.J.Res. 98: Relating to the disapproval of the proposed foreign military sale to the Government ...
- H.Con.Res. 143: Expressing the sense of Congress relating to the disapproval of certain activities of ...
- H.Res. 792: Reaffirming the United States commitment to the protection of refugees and displaced persons.
- H.J.Res. 90: To provide limitations on the transfer of certain United States munitions from the ...
- H.R. 4966: Preventing Superbugs and Protecting Patients Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Lieu missed 130 of 1,277 roll call votes, which is 10.2%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: