Strickland is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Strickland sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2001 to Dec 8, 2006. See full analysis methodology.
Strickland sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Strickland’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6251 (109th): To provide for health care benefits for certain nuclear facility workers.
- H.R. 5844 (109th): Genuine American Flag Act
- H.R. 5515 (109th): Trade Readjustment Allowances for Adversely Affected Workers Act of 2006
- H.R. 4932 (109th): Call Center Consumer Right to Know Act of 2006
- H.R. 4498 (109th): To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to authorize a case-by-case waiver …
- H.R. 4385 (109th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide that employees …
- H.R. 4215 (109th): Wayne “Cotton” Morgan Bulletproof Vest Act
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2006, Strickland missed 364 of 6,954 roll call votes, which is 5.2%. This is much worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: