Read our 2018 Report Card for Yoho.
Yoho is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Yoho has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 18, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ted Yoho sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- House Committee on Agriculture
Yoho was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5105: BUILD Act of 2018
- H.R. 3893 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 100 Mathe Avenue in Interlachen, Florida, as the “Robert H. Jenkins, Jr. Post Office”.
- H.R. 2397: DPRK Act of 2017
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Yoho sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (31%) Armed Forces and National Security (15%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (11%) Education (9%) Taxation (7%) Animals (7%) Immigration (6%)
Some of Yoho’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4581: Collecting Official Measurements and Baselines to Assess Trafficking Act of 2019
- H.R. 4580: Prevent Trafficking in Our Schools Act
- H.R. 4208: To amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973 to prohibit treatment of certain ...
- H.R. 3330: Taxpayer Protection and Preparer Proficiency Act of 2019
- H.R. 2219: Mongolia Third Neighbor Trade Act
- H.R. 1836: Small Scale LNG Access Act of 2019
- H.R. 1677: To repeal certain foreign affairs reporting requirements.
From Jan 2013 to Oct 2019, Yoho missed 136 of 4,309 roll call votes, which is 3.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: