Yoho was the representative for Florida’s 3rd congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2013 to 2020.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Yoho.
Yoho is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2020 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Yoho sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 28, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Yoho was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5105 (115th): BUILD Act of 2018
- H.R. 3893 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 100 Mathe Avenue in Interlachen, Florida, as the “Robert H. Jenkins, Jr. Post Office”.
- H.R. 2397 (115th): DPRK Act of 2017
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Yoho sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Yoho’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8723 (116th): To condition receipt of State funding from the Bureau of Health Workforce ...
- H.R. 8502 (116th): Rosewood Study Act
- H.R. 8195 (116th): To name the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic, located at ...
- H.R. 7855 (116th): Taiwan Invasion Prevention Act
- H.R. 7570 (116th): To amend the Better Utilization of Investments Leading to Development Act of ...
- H.R. 7414 (116th): Taiwan Fellowship Act
- H.Res. 1021 (116th): Recognizing that for 50 years, the Republic of Fiji has worked with ...
From Jan 2013 to Dec 2020, Yoho missed 176 of 4,693 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2020. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: