Read our 2019 Report Card for Yoho.
Yoho is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Yoho has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 22, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ted Yoho sits on the following committees:
Yoho was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5105: BUILD Act of 2018
- H.R. 3893 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 100 Mathe Avenue in Interlachen, Florida, as the “Robert H. Jenkins, Jr. Post Office”.
- H.R. 2397: DPRK Act of 2017
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Yoho sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (37%) Armed Forces and National Security (15%) Government Operations and Politics (11%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (11%) Education (7%) Animals (7%) Health (6%) Taxation (6%)
Some of Yoho’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 963: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the International Olympic Committee ...
- H.R. 6627: Enforcing Accountability and Transparency in International Trade Act
- H.Res. 910: Commending the people of Taiwan on holding free and fair democratic presidential and ...
- H.R. 6406: American-Made Protection for Healthcare Workers and First Responders Act
- H.R. 6083: Labor Certainty for Food Security Act of 2020
- H.Res. 697: Recognizing the significance of the genuine autonomy of Tibet and the Tibetan people ...
- H.R. 4854: Making DI Work For All Americans Act of 2019
From Jan 2013 to May 2020, Yoho missed 144 of 4,549 roll call votes, which is 3.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: