Roncalio is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1978 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Roncalio sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Roncalio was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 10587 (95th): Public Range Lands Improvement Act
- H.R. 8471 (95th): An Act to authorize the Governor of the State of Wyoming to exhibit the nameplate, ship’s bell, and silver service of the United States Ship Wyoming without ...
- H.R. 9757 (95th): An Act to impose a moratorium on any increase in the public lands grazing fee for the 1978 grazing year, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2501 (95th): An Act to eliminate a conflict between the official cadastral survey and a private survey of the so-called Wold Tract within the Medicine Bow National Forest, State ...
- H.R. 2502 (95th): A bill to extend certain oil and gas leases by a period sufficient to allow the drilling of an ultra-deep well.
- H.R. 4585 (95th): An Act to authorize appropriations for the Indian Claims Commission for fiscal year 1978; to facilitate the transfer of cases from the Indian Claims Commission to the ...
- H.R. 6151 (94th): A bill to authorize appropriations for services necessary to nonperformance arts functions of the John F. Kennedy Center.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Roncalio sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (27%) Government Operations and Politics (18%) Energy (14%) Agriculture and Food (10%) Native Americans (10%) Transportation and Public Works (8%) Armed Forces and National Security (7%) Private Legislation (7%)
Some of Roncalio’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 1132 (95th): A resolution to authorize the President to issue a proclamation designating March, ...
- H.R. 14031 (95th): A bill to amend section 6(e)(2) of the Land and Water Conservation ...
- H.J.Res. 1114 (95th): A resolution to authorize the President to issue a proclamation designating March, ...
- H.R. 8471 (95th): An Act to authorize the Governor of the State of Wyoming to ...
- H.R. 13559 (95th): Energy Impact Assistance Act
- H.R. 13553 (95th): A bill to further amend the Mineral Leasing Act of 1920 (30 ...
- H.R. 13123 (95th): A bill authorizing title to certain reservation land to be taken in ...
From Jan 1965 to Oct 1978, Roncalio missed 864 of 4,934 roll call votes, which is 17.5%. This is much worse than the median of 8.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills