Leger Fernandez is the representative for New Mexico’s 3rd congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2021. Leger Fernandez is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Leger Fernandez is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Leger Fernandez has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 21, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Teresa Leger Fernandez sits on the following committees:
Leger Fernandez sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Leger Fernandez’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3603: To award a Congressional Gold Medal to the troops from the United States ...
- H.R. 2930: Safeguard Tribal Objects of Patrimony Act of 2021
- H.R. 2522: Cerro de la Olla Wilderness Establishment Act
- H.R. 2415: Orphaned Well Cleanup and Jobs Act of 2021
- H.R. 2235: Northern Rio Grande National Heritage Area Reauthorization Act of 2021
From Jan 2021 to Jun 2021, Leger Fernandez missed 1 of 174 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: