Read our 2018 Report Card for Sewell.
Sewell is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Sewell has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 24, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Terri Sewell sits on the following committees:
- House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- House Committee on Ways and Means
Sewell was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4777 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1301 Alabama Avenue in Selma, Alabama as the “Amelia Boynton Robinson Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 431 (114th): To award a Congressional Gold Medal to the Foot Soldiers who participated in Bloody Sunday, Turnaround Tuesday, or the final Selma to Montgomery Voting Rights March in ...
- H.R. 360 (113th): To award posthumously a Congressional Gold Medal to Addie Mae Collins, Denise McNair, Carole Robertson, and Cynthia Wesley to commemorate the lives they lost 50 years ago ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Sewell sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Sewell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2573: Home Health Payment Innovation Act of 2019
- H.R. 2147: RURAL Act of 2019
- H.R. 2080: Paying Hourly Americans Stronger Earnings (PHASE) in $15 Wage Act
- H.R. 1763: Resident Physician Shortage Reduction Act of 2019
- H.R. 1710: Automotive Jobs Act of 2019
- H.R. 1680: New Markets Tax Credit Extension Act of 2019
- H.R. 4: Voting Rights Advancement Act of 2019
From Jan 2011 to May 2019, Sewell missed 231 of 5,576 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: