Our unique analysis of the bills Sewell has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Sewell is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Sewell for more statistics.
Terri Sewell sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Monetary Policy and Trade
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense Intelligence and Overhead Architecture
- Member, Subcommittee on Emerging Threats
Sewell sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Sewell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5783: Small Business Start-up Savings Accounts Act of 2016
- H.R. 4817: Birmingham Civil Rights National Historical Park
- H.R. 4777: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1301 ...
- H.Con.Res. 109: Authorizing the use of Emancipation Hall in the Capitol Visitor Center for a ...
- H.R. 2867: Voting Rights Advancement Act of 2015
- H.R. 1780: Helping Working Families Afford Child Care Act
- H.R. 1781: Workforce Development Tax Credit Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Sewell’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5303: Water Resources Development Act of 2016
Sep 28, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 511: Tribal Labor Sovereignty Act of 2015
Nov 17, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 644: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015
Jun 12, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2016, Sewell missed 166 of 4,135 roll call votes, which is 4.0%. This is worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 19 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: