2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Sewell »
Our unique analysis of the bills Sewell has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Sewell is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Terri Sewell sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Monetary Policy and Trade
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense Intelligence and Overhead Architecture
- Member, Subcommittee on Emerging Threats
Sewell sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Sewell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4817: Birmingham Civil Rights National Historical Park
- H.R. 4777: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1301 ...
- H.Con.Res. 109: Authorizing the use of Emancipation Hall in the Capitol Visitor Center for a ...
- H.R. 2867: Voting Rights Advancement Act of 2015
- H.R. 1780: Helping Working Families Afford Child Care Act
- H.R. 1781: Workforce Development Tax Credit Act of 2015
- H.R. 431: To award a Congressional Gold Medal to the Foot Soldiers who participated in ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Apr 2016, Sewell missed 147 of 3,692 roll call votes, which is 4.0%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 19 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: