Everett was the representative for Alabama’s 2nd congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1993 to 2008.
Everett is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Everett sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Everett was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3458 (104th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 1996
- H.R. 2064 (104th): To grant the consent of Congress to an amendment of the Historic Chattahoochee Compact between the States of Alabama and Georgia.
- H.R. 2394 (104th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 1995
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Everett sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (19%) Labor and Employment (14%) Finance and Financial Sector (14%) Agriculture and Food (11%) Environmental Protection (11%) Water Resources Development (11%) Law (11%) Commerce (11%)
Some of Everett’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2088 (110th): To require the Secretary of Agriculture to provide cost-share payments in support ...
- H.R. 1882 (110th): Farm Risk Management Act of 2007
- H.R. 1408 (110th): Chattahoochee Trace National Heritage Corridor Study Act
- H.R. 6331 (109th): To amend the environmental quality incentives program of the Department of Agriculture ...
- H.R. 5932 (109th): Farm Risk Management Act of 2006
- H.R. 4864 (109th): Chattahoochee Trace National Heritage Corridor Study Act
- H.R. 3031 (109th): Corporate Advance Disclosure Act of 2005
|Everett’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Con.Res. 355 (110th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives and a conditional recess or adjournment of ...
May 20, 2008. Passed 239/175.
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 556 (110th): Foreign Investment and National Security Act of 2007
Jul 11, 2007. Passed 370/45.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2008, Everett missed 440 of 10,170 roll call votes, which is 4.3%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: