Our unique analysis of the bills Drake sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Drake is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Drake sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (22%) Armed Forces and National Security (20%) Social Welfare (13%) Transportation and Public Works (11%) Families (9%) Labor and Employment (9%) Law (9%) Health (7%)
Some of Drake’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7111 (110th): To amend title 36, United States Code, to designate the Honor and ...
- H.Res. 1309 (110th): Recognizing and honoring the 44th anniversary of the passage of the Civil ...
- H.R. 6317 (110th): To amend chapter 31 of title 40, United States Code (commonly known ...
- H.R. 5987 (110th): To amend title 37, United States Code, to guarantee a pay increase ...
- H.R. 5797 (110th): Roth TSP Act of 2008
- H.R. 5233 (110th): Giving Relief to Our Small Businesses Act
- H.Con.Res. 261 (110th): Commemorating the centennial anniversary of the sailing of the Navy’s “Great White ...
|Drake’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3355 (110th): Homeowners’ Defense Act of 2007
Nov 8, 2007. Passed 258/155.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 3246 (110th): Regional Economic and Infrastructure Development Act of 2007
Oct 4, 2007. Passed 264/154.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
H.R. 1361 (110th): RECOVER Act
Apr 18, 2007. Passed 267/158.
From Jan 2005 to Dec 2008, Drake missed 33 of 3,090 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 8 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: