Read our 2016 Report Card for Deutch.
Our unique analysis of the bills Deutch has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Deutch is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Theodore Deutch sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Ethics
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- House Committee on the Judiciary
Deutch was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3304 (113th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
- H.R. 2559 (112th): Helping Homeless Heroes Act of 2011
- H.R. 740 (112th): Iran Transparency and Accountability Act of 2011
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Deutch sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Deutch’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 445: To establish a gun buyback grant program.
- H.R. 444: To establish an advisory office within the Bureau of Consumer Protection of the ...
- H.R. 5449: Independent and Effective Federal Defenders Act of 2016
- H.Res. 750: Urging the European Union to designate Hizballah in its entirety as a terrorist ...
- H.Res. 749: Expressing support for the designation of May 25 as “National Moonshot Day” and ...
- H.R. 4606: Status of the Sixth Amendment Act of 2016
- H.R. 4176: To amend title 18, United States Code, to limit the recovery of damages ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Deutch’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 511: Tribal Labor Sovereignty Act of 2015
Nov 17, 2015. Passed 249/177.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
H.R. 1731: National Cybersecurity Protection Advancement Act of 2015
Apr 23, 2015. Passed 355/63.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 10 (113th): Success and Opportunity through Quality Charter Schools Act
May 9, 2014. Passed 360/45.
H.R. 2218 (112th): Empowering Parents through Quality Charter Schools Act
Sep 13, 2011. Passed 365/54.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Apr 2010 to Jan 2017, Deutch missed 230 of 4,654 roll call votes, which is 4.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: