Risenhoover, a Democrat, was the representative for Oklahoma's 2nd congressional district from 1975 to 1978.
Risenhoover is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1978 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Risenhoover sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Risenhoover was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5023 (95th): A bill to amend the statute of limitations provisions in section 2415 title 28, United States Code, relating to claims by the United States on behalf of ...
- H.R. 4378 (95th): A bill to amend the laws relating to the Osage Tribe in Oklahoma.
- H.J.Res. 946 (94th): Joint resolution authorizing the President to proclaim the week of October 10 through 16, 1976, as Native American Awareness Week.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Risenhoover sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (20%) Native Americans (18%) Water Resources Development (15%) Social Welfare (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Agriculture and Food (8%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%)
Some of Risenhoover’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 1135 (95th): A resolution to change the name of Oologah Lake in the State ...
- H.J.Res. 1134 (95th): A resolution to change the name of Copan Dam and Lake in ...
- H.R. 13256 (95th): Tax Reduction Act
- H.R. 12406 (95th): Rural Safe Drinking Water Assistance Act
- H.R. 12131 (95th): Rural Safe Drinking Water Assistance Act
- H.R. 11894 (95th): A bill to amend certain laws relating to the Osage Tribe of ...
- H.R. 11534 (95th): A bill to amend the Bank Holding Company Act of 1956 to ...
From Jan 1975 to Oct 1978, Risenhoover missed 583 of 2,813 roll call votes, which is 20.7%. This is much worse than the median of 8.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills