Read our 2016 Report Card for Tillis.
Thom Tillis sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Member, Subcommittee on Border Security and Immigration
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight, Agency Action, Federal Rights and Federal Courts
- Member, Subcommittee on Privacy, Technology and the Law
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Tillis was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Tillis sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Tillis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1555: A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to improve the administration ...
- S. 1416: A bill to amend title 28, United States Code, to redefine the eastern ...
- S.Res. 144: A resolution designating May 1, 2017, as “National Purebred Dog Day”.
- S. 792: Save Our Small and Seasonal Businesses Act of 2017
- S.Res. 531 (114th): A resolution celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Albert Eintein Distinguished Educator ...
- S.Res. 447 (114th): A resolution designating May 1, 2016, as “National Purebred Dog Day”.
- S. 2885 (114th): A bill to extend the runway at Pope Army Airfield.
|Tillis’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Bill Passed 72/26.
H.R. 22: Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act
Dec 3, 2015. Conference Report Agreed to 83/16.
H.R 22, formerly the Hire More Heroes Act, has become the Senate’s vehicle for passage of the Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act or DRIVE Act (S. 1647). The DRIVE Act is a major bipartisan transportation bill that would authorize funding ...
From Jan 2015 to Jul 2017, Tillis missed 11 of 667 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is on par with the median of 1.3% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: