Our unique analysis of the bills Allen sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Allen is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Allen sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (20%) Economics and Public Finance (17%) Health (13%) Science, Technology, Communications (13%) Commerce (12%) Social Welfare (9%) Finance and Financial Sector (8%) Law (7%)
Some of Allen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6605 (110th): Home Heating Fuels Cost Relief Act of 2008
- H.Con.Res. 337 (110th): Honoring Seeds of Peace for its 15th anniversary as an organization promoting ...
- H.R. 5820 (110th): Traditional Use Protection Act of 2008
- H.R. 5682 (110th): Rural America Communication Expansion for the Future Act of 2008
- H.R. 5643 (110th): First-Time Homebuyers’ Tax Credit Act of 2008
- H.R. 5543 (110th): Women’s Retirement Security Act of 2008
- H.R. 5547 (110th): Consumer Protection and Cost Accountability Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2008, Allen missed 157 of 7,708 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 48 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: