Sen. Thomas Carper
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Delaware's At-Large District
New: 2013 Report CardRead our new 2013 Report Card for Carper »
Carper is a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship. Carper’s bills have had a total of 183 cosponsors in the 113th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Carper to other members of the Senate on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Thomas Carper sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Financial and Contracting Oversight
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Senate Committee on Finance
Some of Carper’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1927: Data Security Act of 2014
- S.Res. 309: A resolution expressing support for improvement in the collection, processing, and consumption of ...
- S.Res. 265: A resolution expressing support for the individuals impacted by the senseless attack at ...
- S.Res. 234: A resolution authorizing expenditures by the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.
- S. 1486: Postal Reform Act of 2013
- S. 1398: Federal Real Property Asset Management Reform Act of 2013
- S. 1382: Federal Real Property Asset Management Reform Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2001 to Mar 2014, Carper missed 34 of 4,143 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 1.8% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO Member Guide for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity
Cloture Motion Agreed to 62/34
Sen. Carper [D-DE]: YeaMar 10, 2014 5:33 p.m.
Cloture Motion Agreed to 100/0
Sen. Carper [D-DE]: YeaMar 06, 2014 2:29 p.m.
Cloture Motion Rejected 55/45
Sen. Carper [D-DE]: NayMar 06, 2014 2:01 p.m.
Nomination Confirmed 58/42
Sen. Carper [D-DE]: YeaMar 06, 2014 11:20 a.m.