Our unique analysis of the bills Davis sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Davis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Davis was the primary sponsor of 31 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 5483 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 10449 White Granite Drive in Oakton, Virginia, as the “Private First Class David H. Sharrett ...
- H.R. 1124 (110th): To extend the District of Columbia College Access Act of 1999.
- H.R. 6407 (109th): Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act
- H.R. 6102 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 200 Lawyers Road, NW in Vienna, Virginia, as the “Captain Christopher Petty Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 3699 (109th): Federal and District of Columbia Government Real Property Act of 2006
- H.R. 3508 (109th): 2005 District of Columbia Omnibus Authorization Act
- H.R. 1463 (109th): To designate a portion of the Federal building located at 2100 Jamieson Avenue, in Alexandria, Virginia, as the “Justin W. Williams United States Attorney’s Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Davis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (27%) Law (14%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Labor and Employment (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Education (8%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%)
Some of Davis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6369 (110th): To amend title 10, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of ...
- H.Res. 1202 (110th): Supporting the goals and ideals of a National Guard Youth Challenge Day.
- H.R. 5603 (110th): National Guard Empowerment and State-National Defense Integration Act of 2008
- H.Res. 1005 (110th): Supporting the goals and ideals of Borderline Personality Disorder Awareness Month.
- H.R. 5483 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 5396 (110th): To designate the Cold War Museum in Fairfax, Virginia, as the National ...
- H.R. 3579 (110th): To amend title 5, United States Code, to facilitate the temporary reemployment ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Oct 2008, Davis missed 341 of 9,041 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 2008. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: