Our unique analysis of the bills Edwards sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Edwards is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Edwards was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3082 (111th): Continuing Appropriations and Surface Transportation Extensions Act, 2011
- H.R. 3721 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1190 Lorena Road in Lorena, Texas, as the “Marine Gunnery Sgt. John D. Fry Post ...
- H.R. 2642 (110th): Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008
- H.R. 3720 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 424 Clay Avenue in Waco, Texas, as the “Army PFC Juan Alonso Covarrubias Post Office ...
- H.R. 1925 (107th): To direct the Secretary of the Interior to study the suitability and feasibility of designating the Waco Mammoth Site Area in Waco, Texas, as a unit of ...
- H.R. 5491 (102nd): To designate the Department of Veterans Affairs medical center in Marlin, Texas, as the “Thomas T. Connally Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Edwards sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (30%) Economics and Public Finance (15%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Finance and Financial Sector (10%) Health (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%) Taxation (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%)
Some of Edwards’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6096 (111th): Reduce Our Deficits Act
- H.R. 6027 (111th): Protect Our Children Act of 2010
- H.R. 6028 (111th): To amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973 to prohibit treatment of ...
- H.R. 5822 (111th): Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011
- H.Res. 1450 (111th): Congratulating the Texas A&M University Aggies for winning the men’s and women’s ...
- H.Con.Res. 286 (111th): Recognizing the 235th birthday of the United States Army.
- H.Res. 1437 (111th): Congratulating the McLennan Community College Highlanders men’s golf team for winning the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Edwards’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 5297 (111th): Small Business Jobs Act of 2010
Jun 17, 2010. Passed 241/182.
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 2776 (110th): Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation Tax Act of 2007
Aug 4, 2007. Passed 221/189.
H.R. 3221 (110th): Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008
Aug 4, 2007. Passed 241/172.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1991 to Dec 2010, Edwards missed 395 of 12,757 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 3 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: