Our unique analysis of the bills Evans sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Evans is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Evans’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 505 (97th): A joint resolution to authorize and request the President to designate the ...
- H.J.Res. 455 (97th): A joint resolution providing for the designation of the week beginning July ...
- H.R. 3887 (97th): A bill to provide for the establishment of a veterans’ cemetery in ...
- H.R. 3252 (97th): Coastal Barrier Resources Act
- H.Con.Res. 412 (96th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress that state election ...
- H.R. 6385 (96th): A bill to amend section 662(a) of the Foreign Assistance Act of ...
- H.R. 6269 (96th): A bill to extend the temporary suspension of duty on doxorubicin hydrochloride ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1977 to Dec 1982, Evans missed 284 of 3,623 roll call votes, which is 7.8%. This is on par with the median of 7.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills