Our unique analysis of the bills Evans sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1986. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Evans is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Evans sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Evans’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5403 (99th): A bill to amend the Grain Standards Act of 1916 to establish ...
- H.R. 4984 (99th): Farm Credit Enhancement Act of 1986
- H.R. 4944 (99th): A bill to amend the Farm Credit Act of 1971 to provide ...
- H.R. 4853 (99th): Farm Mortgage Guarantee Act of 1986
- H.R. 4714 (99th): Grain Quality Improvement Act of 1986
- H.R. 4605 (99th): A bill to amend the Grain Standards Act of 1916 to provide ...
- H.R. 4139 (99th): A bill to amend the United States Grain Standards Act of 1916 ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Oct 1986, Evans missed 154 of 2,608 roll call votes, which is 5.9%. This is on par with the median of 6.2% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills