Our unique analysis of the bills Foglietta sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1998. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Foglietta is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Foglietta sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (18%) Commerce (13%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Finance and Financial Sector (13%) Law (13%) Armed Forces and National Security (13%) Health (10%) Transportation and Public Works (10%)
Some of Foglietta’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4092 (104th): Freedom of the Highways Act of 1996
- H.R. 3351 (104th): Corporate Welfare Reform Act
- H.R. 3241 (104th): More Power for Empowerment Zones Act of 1996
- H.R. 2755 (104th): Corporate and Farm Independence Act
- H.R. 4642 (103rd): To provide for the restoration of Washington Square in Philadelphia and for ...
- H.R. 4116 (103rd): Senior Safe Corridors Act
- H.R. 3998 (103rd): Check Cashing Consumer Protection Act of 1994
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Nov 1997, Foglietta missed 954 of 8,471 roll call votes, which is 11.3%. This is much worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1997. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills