Rep. Thomas Lewis
Former Representative from Florida’s 16th District
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||Florida's 16th District|
|Representative||Florida's 12th District|
See Also: Bioguide
Our unique analysis of the bills Lewis sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Lewis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Lewis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3071 (103rd): Lime Research, Promotion, and Consumer Information Act Amendments of 1993
- H.R. 2226 (103rd): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to restore the pre-1986 ...
- H.R. 1986 (103rd): To amend title 38, United States Code, to provide that the effective ...
- H.R. 1901 (103rd): Airport and Airway Trust Fund Integrity Act of 1993
- H.R. 1738 (103rd): Fresh Cut Flowers and Fresh Cut Greens Promotion and Information Act of ...
- H.R. 1260 (103rd): National Aeronautical Research and Competitiveness Act of 1993
- H.R. 1229 (103rd): National Aviation Research and Competitiveness Act of 1993
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Nov 1994, Lewis missed 244 of 5,687 roll call votes, which is 4.3%. This is worse than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills