Rep. Thomas Manton
Former Representative from New York’s 7th District
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||New York's 7th District|
|Representative||New York's 9th District|
See Also: Bioguide
Our unique analysis of the bills Manton sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Manton is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Manton’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4117 (105th): Airport Environmental and Community Fairness Act
- H.Con.Res. 259 (105th): Recognizing and honoring the people of the Dodecanesian Islands for their stance ...
- H.R. 3595 (105th): Superfund Improvement Act of 1998
- H.R. 3253 (105th): Private Officers Protection Act of 1998
- H.R. 3179 (105th): Airport Environmental and Community Fairness Act
- H.Res. 285 (105th): Requiring the Chief Administrative Officer of the House of Representatives to meet ...
- H.R. 538 (105th): Explosives Fingerprinting Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1985 to Dec 1998, Manton missed 444 of 7,308 roll call votes, which is 6.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills