Massie is the representative for Kentucky’s 4th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Nov 13, 2012. Massie is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Massie.
Massie is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Massie has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 17, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Thomas Massie sits on the following committees:
Massie sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Massie’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3860: To prohibit any requirement that a member of the Armed Forces receive a ...
- H.R. 3835: To amend the Federal Meat Inspection Act to exempt from inspection the slaughter ...
- H.R. 2890: SAFER Voter Act
- H.R. 1358: EPIC Act
- H.R. 1359: Members of Congress Pension Opt Out Clarification Act
- H.R. 899: To terminate the Department of Education.
- H.R. 24: Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2021
From Nov 2012 to Jun 2021, Massie missed 57 of 4,920 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: