Our unique analysis of the bills Massie has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Massie is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Massie for more statistics.
Thomas Massie sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- Member, Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment
Massie sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Massie’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3563: Milk Freedom Act of 2015
- H.R. 3564: Interstate Milk Freedom Act of 2015
- H.R. 3187: PRIME Act
- H.R. 1461: DRIVE Act of 2015
- H.R. 589: Senior Citizens Tax Elimination Act
- H.R. 525: Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2015
- H.R. 86: Safe Students Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Nov 2012 to Jul 2016, Massie missed 15 of 2,440 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: