Read our 2019 Report Card for Massie.
Massie is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Massie has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Aug 7, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Thomas Massie sits on the following committees:
Massie sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Massie’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7366: Restoring America’s Leadership in Innovation Act of 2020
- H.R. 5716: SAFER Voter Act
- H.R. 5410: Interstate Milk Freedom Act of 2019
- H.R. 3971: Senior Citizens Tax Elimination Act
- H.R. 3791: Investing in America: Rebuilding America’s Airport Infrastructure Act
- H.R. 3200: Safe Students Act
- H.R. 2859: PRIME Act
From Nov 2012 to Jul 2020, Massie missed 52 of 4,673 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: