Our unique analysis of the bills McIntyre sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1978. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). McIntyre is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
McIntyre was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- S. 3373 (95th): A bill to amend title 10, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of Defense to provide transportation to the Girl Scouts of the United States of ...
- S. 3589 (94th): A bill to designate the Federal office building located in Manchester, N. H., as the “Norris Cotton Building.”
- S.J.Res. 157 (94th): An Act to provide a 2-month extension of the exemption for loans made to finance the acquisition of previously occupied residential dwellings from the prohibition against financing ...
- S.J.Res. 34 (94th): Joint resolution asking the President of the United States to declare the fourth Saturday of September 1975 as “National Hunting and Fishing Day”.
- S. 1410 (93rd): An Act to amend section 14(b) of the Federal Reserve Act, as amended, to extend for three months the authority of Federal Reserve banks to purchase United ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
McIntyre sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (21%) Finance and Financial Sector (21%) Private Legislation (14%) Housing and Community Development (13%) Energy (13%) Armed Forces and National Security (7%) Social Welfare (6%) Taxation (6%)
Some of McIntyre’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3499 (95th): Interest Rate Control Act Amendments
- S. 3373 (95th): A bill to amend title 10, United States Code, to authorize the ...
- S. 3369 (95th): Petroleum Marketing Moratorium Act
- S. 3269 (95th): A bill for the relief of Raojibhai D. Patel and Kalendu Patel.
- S. 3144 (95th): Hidden Tax Reduction Act
- S. 2734 (95th): Solar Energy Bank Act
- S. 2733 (95th): Small Business Energy Loan Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1963 to Oct 1978, McIntyre missed 1,056 of 6,853 roll call votes, which is 15.4%. This is worse than the median of 12.1% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills