Our unique analysis of the bills Reynolds sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Reynolds is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Reynolds was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3690 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2 West Main Street in Batavia, New York, as the “Barber Conable Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 487 (107th): For the relief of Eugene Makuch.
- H.R. 486 (107th): For the relief of Barbara Makuch.
- H.R. 3257 (106th): State Flexibility Clarification Act
- H.R. 3404 (106th): To amend the Act establishing the Women’s Rights National Historical Park in the State of New York to permit the Secretary of the Interior to acquire title ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Reynolds sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (23%) Government Operations and Politics (19%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (9%) Health (9%) Commerce (9%) Law (8%)
Some of Reynolds’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5031 (110th): Stealth Tax Relief Extension Act of 2008
- H.R. 4843 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on mixtures containing n-butyl-1,2-benzisothiazolin-3-one (Butyl benzisothiazline) and ...
- H.R. 4844 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on mixtures containing n-butyl-1,2-benzisothiazolin-3-one (Butyl benzisothiazoline technical), ...
- H.R. 4785 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on Clomazone.
- H.R. 4786 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on Cyazofamid.
- H.R. 4784 (110th): To extend the reduction of duty on Bifenthrin.
- H.R. 4787 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on Flonicamid.
|Reynolds’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 3920 (110th): Trade and Globalization Assistance Act of 2007
Oct 31, 2007. Passed 264/157.
H.R. 3246 (110th): Regional Economic and Infrastructure Development Act of 2007
Oct 4, 2007. Passed 264/154.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1999 to Dec 2008, Reynolds missed 266 of 6,521 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: