Rep. Thomas Ridge
Former Representative from Pennsylvania's 21st District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Pennsylvania's 21st District
See Also: Bioguide
Ridge was a centrist Republican leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Ridge’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Ridge’s bills had a total of 19 cosponsors in the 103rd Congress.
Use this chart to compare Ridge to other members of the House of Representatives in the 103rd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Ridge’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 224 (103rd): Requesting the President to designate Victoria Van Meter as an honorary goodwill ...
- H.R. 3793 (103rd): Community Enterprise Revitalization Amendments Act
- H.R. 3043 (103rd): Industrial and Commercial Land Recycling Act
- H.R. 1368 (103rd): To establish the Congressional Office of Inspector General.
- H.R. 691 (103rd): Competitiveness Tax Credit Act
- H.R. 6131 (102nd): Federal Commercial Credit Marketing Corporation Act of 1992
- H.R. 6120 (102nd): To exclude unemployment compensation received during 1992 by low-or moderate-income individuals from ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Nov 1994, Ridge missed 461 of 5,684 roll call votes, which is 8.1%. This is worse than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills