Rep. Thomas Ridge
Former Representative from Pennsylvania’s 21st District
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||Pennsylvania's 21st District|
See Also: Bioguide
Our unique analysis of the bills Ridge sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ridge is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Ridge’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 224 (103rd): Requesting the President to designate Victoria Van Meter as an honorary goodwill ...
- H.R. 3793 (103rd): Community Enterprise Revitalization Amendments Act
- H.R. 3043 (103rd): Industrial and Commercial Land Recycling Act
- H.R. 1368 (103rd): To establish the Congressional Office of Inspector General.
- H.R. 691 (103rd): Competitiveness Tax Credit Act
- H.R. 6131 (102nd): Federal Commercial Credit Marketing Corporation Act of 1992
- H.R. 6120 (102nd): To exclude unemployment compensation received during 1992 by low-or moderate-income individuals from ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Nov 1994, Ridge missed 461 of 5,687 roll call votes, which is 8.1%. This is worse than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills