Our unique analysis of the bills Rooney has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Rooney is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Rooney for more statistics.
Thomas Rooney sits on the following committees:
- House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
Rooney sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rooney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5996: Halt Arms and Promote Peace in South Sudan Act
- H.Res. 813: Amending the rules of the House of Representatives to exclude provisions relating to ...
- H.R. 4676: Preventing Crimes Against Veterans Act of 2016
- H.R. 4182: Prompt Notification of Short Sales Act
- H.R. 4183: Stop Trafficking in Fentanyl Act of 2015
- H.R. 3726: Highway Exceptions for Ranchers’ Deliveries Act of 2015
- H.R. 3401: Stopping Over-Criminalization Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Rooney’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 764: A bill to reauthorize and amend the National Sea Grant College Program Act, and for other purposes.
Jul 14, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.Res. 295: Supporting local law enforcement agencies in their continued work to serve our communities, and supporting their use of ...
Jun 10, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2016, Rooney missed 126 of 5,790 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 9 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: