Read our 2018 Report Card for Rooney.
Rooney is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2018 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Rooney sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2013 to Dec 21, 2018. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Rooney was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1791 (112th): To designate the United States courthouse under construction at 101 South United States Route 1 in Fort Pierce, Florida, as the “Alto Lee Adams, Sr., United States ...
- H.R. 347 (112th): Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011
- H.R. 2470 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 19190 Cochran Boulevard FRNT in Port Charlotte, Florida, as the “Lieutenant Commander Roy H. Boehm ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Rooney sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rooney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6663 (115th): Secure Elections Act
- H.R. 3884 (115th): National Child Identification Assistance Act
- H.R. 3509: CITRUS Act
- H.Res. 467: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the United Nations Security ...
- H.R. 3047: To correct the boundaries of John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources System Units ...
- H.Res. 313: REPAIR Resolution
- H.R. 1354: Stop Trafficking in Fentanyl Act of 2017
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2018, Rooney missed 302 of 7,000 roll call votes, which is 4.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2018. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: