Read our 2016 Report Card for Rooney.
Our unique analysis of the bills Rooney has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Rooney is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Thomas Rooney sits on the following committees:
Rooney was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1791 (112th): To designate the United States courthouse under construction at 101 South United States Route 1 in Fort Pierce, Florida, as the “Alto Lee Adams, Sr., United States ...
- H.R. 347 (112th): Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011
- H.R. 2470 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 19190 Cochran Boulevard FRNT in Port Charlotte, Florida, as the “Lieutenant Commander Roy H. Boehm ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Rooney sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rooney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 77: Encouraging the development of best business practices to fully utilize the potential of ...
- H.R. 506: Preventing Crimes Against Veterans Act of 2017
- H.R. 5996 (114th): Halt Arms and Promote Peace in South Sudan Act
- H.Res. 813 (114th): Amending the rules of the House of Representatives to exclude provisions relating ...
- H.R. 4676 (114th): Preventing Crimes Against Veterans Act of 2016
- H.R. 4182 (114th): Prompt Notification of Short Sales Act
- H.R. 4183 (114th): Stop Trafficking in Fentanyl Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Rooney’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed 203/224.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 3521 (112th): Expedited Legislative Line-Item Veto and Rescissions Act of 2012
Feb 8, 2012. Passed 254/173.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2009 to Feb 2017, Rooney missed 127 of 5,892 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 9 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: