2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Rooney »
Our unique analysis of the bills Rooney has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Rooney is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Thomas Rooney sits on the following committees:
- House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
Rooney sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (29%) International Affairs (18%) Crime and Law Enforcement (14%) Government Operations and Politics (11%) Taxation (11%) Housing and Community Development (11%) Transportation and Public Works (7%)
Some of Rooney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4676: Preventing Crimes Against Veterans Act of 2016
- H.R. 4182: Prompt Notification of Short Sales Act
- H.R. 4183: Stop Trafficking in Fentanyl Act of 2015
- H.R. 3726: Highway Exceptions for Ranchers’ Deliveries Act of 2015
- H.R. 3401: Stopping Over-Criminalization Act of 2015
- H.R. 2989: South Sudan Peace Promotion and Accountability Act of 2015
- H.R. 2862: Veterans Protection Enhancement Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to May 2016, Rooney missed 83 of 5,432 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 9 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: