Thomas Suozzi sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights, and International Organizations
- Member, Subcommittee on The Middle East and North Africa
Suozzi sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (100%)
Some of Suozzi’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3514: Washington Spy Ring National Historic Trail Designation Act
- H.R. 3157: Merchant Marine Academy Improvement Act of 2017
- H.R. 2820: Fight Russian Corruption Act
- H.R. 2736: To amend title 38, United States Code, to direct the Secretary of Veterans ...
- H.Res. 328: Commemorating the 50th anniversary of the reunification of Jerusalem, and for other purposes.
|Suozzi’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3180: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2018
Jul 24, 2017. Failed 241/163.
H.R. 2842: Accelerating Individuals into the Workforce Act
Jun 23, 2017. Passed 377/34.
H.R. 2842 connects low-income Americans looking for work with employers looking to fill job openings, including through apprenticeships and other forms of on-the-job training. Specifically, the legislation provides funding for states to subsidize employment for a limited time for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) ...
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 1695: Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017
Apr 26, 2017. Passed 378/48.
This bill would change the appointment process for the head of the U.S. Copyright Office, known as the Register of Copyrights. Currently the Register of Copyrights is hired by the Librarian of Congress (who is the head of the Library of Congress). This bill would ...
H.R. 863: To facilitate the addition of park administration at the Coltsville National Historical Park, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2017. Passed 369/42.
From Jan 2017 to Sep 2017, Suozzi missed 18 of 529 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: