Read our 2017 Report Card for Suozzi.
Suozzi is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Suozzi has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Thomas Suozzi sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights, and International Organizations
- Member, Subcommittee on The Middle East and North Africa
Suozzi sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (100%)
Some of Suozzi’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5540: To direct the Director of National Intelligence to prepare a National Intelligence Estimate ...
- H.R. 3843: Close Official Acts Loophole Act of 2017
- H.R. 3514: Washington Spy Ring National Historic Trail Designation Act
- H.R. 3157: Merchant Marine Academy Improvement Act of 2017
- H.R. 2820: Fight Russian Corruption Act
- H.R. 2736: To amend title 38, United States Code, to direct the Secretary of Veterans ...
- H.Res. 328: Commemorating the 50th anniversary of the reunification of Jerusalem, and for other purposes.
|Suozzi’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3326: World Bank Accountability Act of 2017
Jan 17, 2018. Passed 237/184.
If the World Bank doesn’t live up to some of its promises for supporting human rights, fighting terrorism, and promoting democracy, should the U.S. government withhold hundreds of millions dollars of funding? #### Context The World Bank’s International Development Association (IDA) lends billions of dollars ...
S. 139: Rapid DNA Act of 2017
Jan 11, 2018. Passed 256/164.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the FISA Amendments Reauthorization Act of 2017. The bill would extend so-called "section 702" government surveillance under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. The bill was originally introduced and passed the Senate in 2017 as the Rapid DNA ...
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.R. 2842: Accelerating Individuals into the Workforce Act
Jun 23, 2017. Passed 377/34.
H.R. 2842 connects low-income Americans looking for work with employers looking to fill job openings, including through apprenticeships and other forms of on-the-job training. Specifically, the legislation provides funding for states to subsidize employment for a limited time for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) ...
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
From Jan 2017 to Apr 2018, Suozzi missed 27 of 857 roll call votes, which is 3.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: