Read our 2017 Report Card for Suozzi.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Thomas Suozzi sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights, and International Organizations
- Member, Subcommittee on The Middle East and North Africa
Suozzi sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Suozzi’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6064: To rename the Oyster Bay National Wildlife Refuge as the Congressman Lester Wolff ...
- H.R. 5540: Disarm Hizballah Act
- H.R. 3843: Close Official Acts Loophole Act of 2017
- H.R. 3514: Washington Spy Ring National Historic Trail Designation Act
- H.R. 3157: Merchant Marine Academy Improvement Act of 2017
- H.R. 2820: Fight Russian Corruption Act
- H.R. 2736: To amend title 38, United States Code, to direct the Secretary of Veterans ...
|Suozzi’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3326: World Bank Accountability Act of 2017
Jan 17, 2018. Passed 237/184.
If the World Bank doesn’t live up to some of its promises for supporting human rights, fighting terrorism, and promoting democracy, should the U.S. government withhold hundreds of millions dollars of funding? #### Context The World Bank’s International Development Association (IDA) lends billions of dollars ...
S. 139: Rapid DNA Act of 2017
Jan 11, 2018. Passed 256/164.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the FISA Amendments Reauthorization Act of 2017. The bill would extend so-called "section 702" government surveillance under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. The bill was originally introduced and passed the Senate in 2017 as the Rapid DNA ...
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 1695: Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017
Apr 26, 2017. Passed 378/48.
This bill would change the appointment process for the head of the U.S. Copyright Office, known as the Register of Copyrights. Currently the Register of Copyrights is hired by the Librarian of Congress (who is the head of the Library of Congress). This bill would ...
From Jan 2017 to Jun 2018, Suozzi missed 28 of 981 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: