Our unique analysis of the bills Tancredo sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Tancredo is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Tancredo sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (17%) International Affairs (17%) Law (13%) Crime and Law Enforcement (12%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Immigration (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (8%)
Some of Tancredo’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7059 (110th): To require the sale of certain defense articles and defense services to ...
- H.R. 7027 (110th): United Nations Eviction Act
- H.R. 6975 (110th): Jihad Prevention Act
- H.R. 6841 (110th): For the relief of Thomas J. Sherlock.
- H.R. 6511 (110th): To designate the Department of Veterans Affairs hospital under construction in Aurora, ...
- H.Con.Res. 387 (110th): Expressing the sense of Congress that the United States should sever diplomatic ...
- H.R. 6231 (110th): Fuel Freedom Act of 2008
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1999 to Dec 2008, Tancredo missed 597 of 6,521 roll call votes, which is 9.2%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: