Griffin was the representative for Arkansas’s 2nd congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2011 to 2014.
Read our 2014 Report Card for Griffin.
Griffin is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Griffin sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2009 to Dec 11, 2014. See full analysis methodology.
Griffin was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3869 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 600 East Capitol Avenue in Little Rock, Arkansas, as the “Sidney ‘Sid’ Sanders McMath Post …
- H.R. 3870 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 6083 Highway 36 West in Rose Bud, Arkansas, as the “Nicky ‘Nick’ Daniel Bacon Post …
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Griffin sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (31%) Government Operations and Politics (26%) Health (11%) Taxation (11%) Labor and Employment (9%) Finance and Financial Sector (6%) Science, Technology, Communications (6%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Griffin recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 5483 (113th): Firefighter Equipment Protection Act of 2014
- H.R. 4657 (113th): Timber Revitalization and Economic Enhancement Act of 2014
- H.R. 4355 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at …
- H.R. 4354 (113th): Obamacare Taxpayer Bailout Protection Act
- H.R. 3996 (113th): Save our Military Shopping Benefits Act
- H.R. 3541 (113th): Obamacare Taxpayer Bailout Prevention Act
- H.R. 3235 (113th): To provide for the compensation of any Federal, State, or local employee …
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2014, Griffin missed 43 of 2,810 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: