Read our 2014 Report Card for Griffin.
Our unique analysis of the bills Griffin sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Griffin is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Griffin was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3869 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 600 East Capitol Avenue in Little Rock, Arkansas, as the “Sidney ‘Sid’ Sanders McMath Post ...
- H.R. 3870 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 6083 Highway 36 West in Rose Bud, Arkansas, as the “Nicky ‘Nick’ Daniel Bacon Post ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Griffin sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (31%) Government Operations and Politics (26%) Health (11%) Taxation (11%) Labor and Employment (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (6%) Finance and Financial Sector (6%)
Some of Griffin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5483 (113th): Firefighter Equipment Protection Act of 2014
- H.R. 4657 (113th): Timber Revitalization and Economic Enhancement Act of 2014
- H.R. 4355 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 4354 (113th): Obamacare Taxpayer Bailout Protection Act
- H.R. 3996 (113th): Save our Military Shopping Benefits Act
- H.R. 3541 (113th): Obamacare Taxpayer Bailout Prevention Act
- H.R. 3235 (113th): To provide for the compensation of any Federal, State, or local employee ...
|Griffin’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.Con.Res. 105 (113th): Prohibiting the President from deploying or maintaining United States Armed Forces in a sustained combat role in ...
Jul 25, 2014. Passed 370/40.
H.R. 4152 (113th): Support for the Sovereignty, Integrity, Democracy, and Economic Stability of Ukraine Act of 2014
Mar 6, 2014. Passed 385/23.
H.R. 2775 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Act, 2014
Oct 16, 2013. Passed 285/144.
This was the "vehicle" for passage of the bill that ended the government shutdown and raised the debt ceiling. This bill was introduced regarding an unrelated matter. It had been passed by the House. On Oct. 16, the Senate amended the text of the bill, ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2014, Griffin missed 43 of 2,810 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. ProPublica has tracked 41 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: