Our unique analysis of the bills Griffin sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Griffin is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2014 Report Card for Griffin for more statistics.
Griffin sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (31%) Government Operations and Politics (26%) Health (11%) Taxation (11%) Labor and Employment (9%) Finance and Financial Sector (6%) Science, Technology, Communications (6%)
Some of Griffin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5483 (113th): Firefighter Equipment Protection Act of 2014
- H.R. 4657 (113th): Timber Revitalization and Economic Enhancement Act of 2014
- H.R. 4355 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 4354 (113th): Obamacare Taxpayer Bailout Protection Act
- H.R. 3996 (113th): Save our Military Shopping Benefits Act
- H.R. 3541 (113th): Obamacare Taxpayer Bailout Prevention Act
- H.R. 3235 (113th): To provide for the compensation of any Federal, State, or local employee ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2014, Griffin missed 43 of 2,810 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. ProPublica has tracked 41 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: