Our unique analysis of the bills Holden sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Holden is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Holden was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2564 (105th): To designate the United States Post Office located at 450 North Centre Street in Pottsville, Pennsylvania, as the “Peter J. McCloskey Postal Facility”.
- H.R. 3197 (103rd): To redesignate the Post Office building located at 13th and Rockland Streets in Reading, Pennsylvania, as the “Gus Yatron Federal Postal Facility”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Holden sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (18%) Crime and Law Enforcement (18%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (18%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) Agriculture and Food (9%) Commerce (6%) Private Legislation (6%)
Some of Holden’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3713 (112th): Equitable Treatment for the Living Victims of Lockerbie Act
- H.R. 3385 (112th): To amend title 10, United States Code, to establish a combat badge ...
- H.R. 6341 (111th): To establish a loan program to promote energy conservation in rural areas.
- H.R. 6342 (111th): To establish pilot projects for agriculture renewable energy systems.
- H.R. 6035 (111th): Foreign Oil Displacement Act of 2010
- H.R. 5509 (111th): Chesapeake Bay Program Reauthorization and Improvement Act
- H.R. 5245 (111th): Safe Highway Markings Act of 2010
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Holden’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
H.R. 2218 (112th): Empowering Parents through Quality Charter Schools Act
Sep 13, 2011. Passed 365/54.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1993 to Jan 2013, Holden missed 404 of 13,431 roll call votes, which is 3.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: