Our unique analysis of the bills Ryan has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ryan is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Ryan for more statistics.
Tim Ryan sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- House Committee on the Budget
Ryan sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Ryan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5887: To award a Congressional Gold Medal, jointly, to all U.S. nationals who joined ...
- H.R. 5679: Pre-College Engineering Education Act
- H.R. 5541: Financial Services for the Underserved Act of 2016
- H.R. 5480: BEAM Act of 2016
- H.R. 5369: Healthy Start Reauthorization Act of 2016
- H.Res. 598: Congratulating the University of Mount Union football team for winning the 2015 National ...
- H.R. 4137: To award a Congressional Gold Medal to Simeon Booker in recognition of his ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Jul 2016, Ryan missed 356 of 9,957 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 18 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: