Read our 2016 Report Card for Ryan.
Our unique analysis of the bills Ryan has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ryan is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Tim Ryan sits on the following committees:
Ryan was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1813 (113th): To redesignate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 162 Northeast Avenue in Tallmadge, Ohio, as the “Lance Corporal Daniel Nathan Deyarmin, Jr., Post ...
- H.R. 725 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4865 Tallmadge Road in Rootstown, Ohio, as the “Marine Sgt. Jeremy E. Murray Post Office”.
- H.R. 6051 (109th): To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 2 South Main Street in Akron, Ohio, as the “John F. Seiberling Federal Building and United ...
- H.R. 3908 (108th): To provide for the conveyance of the real property located at 1081 West Main Street in Ravenna, Ohio.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Ryan sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Ryan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2112: Federal Government Decentralization Commission Act
- H.R. 1864: Chronic Absenteeism Reduction Act
- H.R. 1793: Veterans Education Priority Enrollment Act of 2017’.
- H.R. 1553: American Patriots of WWII through Service with the Canadian and British Armed Forces ...
- H.R. 1413: ENRICH Act
- H.R. 1237: For the relief of Amer Numan Othman.
- H.R. 1185: Retain Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Ryan’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
S. 1603 (113th): Gun Lake Trust Land Reaffirmation Act
Sep 16, 2014. Passed 359/64.
H.R. 6190 (112th): Asthma Inhalers Relief Act of 2012
Dec 12, 2012. Failed 229/182.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 915 (111th): Encouraging the Republic of Hungary to respect the rule of law, treat foreign investors fairly, and promote ...
Dec 8, 2009. Passed 333/74.
From Jan 2003 to Apr 2017, Ryan missed 402 of 10,324 roll call votes, which is 3.9%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 18 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: