2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Ryan »
Our unique analysis of the bills Ryan has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ryan is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Tim Ryan sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- House Committee on the Budget
Ryan sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (25%) Health (19%) Education (17%) International Affairs (14%) Private Legislation (11%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%) Government Operations and Politics (6%)
Some of Ryan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 598: Congratulating the University of Mount Union football team for winning the 2015 National ...
- H.R. 4137: To award a Congressional Gold Medal to Simeon Booker in recognition of his ...
- H.Res. 523: Supporting the goals and ideals of American Diabetes Month.
- H.R. 3795: Charter School Accountability Act of 2015
- H.R. 3648: Gluten in Medicine Disclosure Act of 2015
- H.R. 3230: For the relief of Erdal Dede.
- H.Res. 356: Expressing support for designation of May 30 as “National Bartter Syndrome Day”.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to May 2016, Ryan missed 354 of 9,717 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 18 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: