Read our 2016 Report Card for Scott.
Our unique analysis of the bills Scott has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Scott is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Tim Scott sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Member, Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Scott was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Scott sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Scott’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 393: LEAP Act
- S. 293: Investing in Opportunity Act
- S.Res. 26: A resolution designating the week of January 22 through January 28, 2017, as ...
- S. 235: CHOICE Act
- S.Res. 11: A resolution encouraging the development of best business practices to fully utilize the ...
- S. 10 (114th): Anti-Semitism Awareness Act of 2016
- S.Res. 592 (114th): A resolution expressing support for the designation of the month of September ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Scott’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.J.Res. 117 (112th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2013
Sep 13, 2012. Passed 329/91.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 1473 (112th): Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011
Apr 14, 2011. Passed 260/167.
H.J.Res. 48 (112th): Additional Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011
Mar 15, 2011. Passed 271/158.
From Jan 2013 to Feb 2017, Scott missed 29 of 1,233 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is worse than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: