Read our 2018 Report Card for Walberg.
Walberg is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Walberg has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 21, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Tim Walberg sits on the following committees:
Walberg was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1109: To amend section 203 of the Federal Power Act.
- H.R. 5009: Jessie’s Law
- H.R. 5041: Safe Disposal of Unused Medication Act
- H.J.Res. 66 (115th): Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of Labor relating to savings arrangements established by States for non-governmental employees.
- H.R. 3089 (114th): GONE Act
- H.R. 3534 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 113 West Michigan Avenue in Jackson, Michigan, as the “Officer James Bonneau Memorial Post Office”.
- H.R. 2747 (113th): Streamlining Claims Processing for Federal Contractor Employees Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Walberg sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (22%) Labor and Employment (21%) Crime and Law Enforcement (17%) Health (12%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (10%) Energy (7%) Education (5%) Taxation (5%)
Some of Walberg’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3255: To amend the Communications Act of 1934 to establish a Telecommunications Workforce Development ...
- H.R. 3243: Equal Campus Access Act of 2019
- H.R. 2294: Association Health Plans Act of 2019
- H.R. 2141: Great Lakes Agricultural Stewardship Act
- H.R. 1895: FAIR Act
- H.Res. 255: Promoting awareness of motorcycle profiling and encouraging collaboration and communication with the motorcycle ...
- H.R. 1502: PURPA Modernization Act of 2019
From Jan 2007 to Jun 2019, Walberg missed 80 of 7,619 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: