Read our 2018 Report Card for Walberg.
Walberg is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Walberg has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Feb 14, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Tim Walberg sits on the following committees:
Walberg was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1109: To amend section 203 of the Federal Power Act.
- H.R. 5009: Jessie’s Law
- H.R. 5041: Safe Disposal of Unused Medication Act
- H.J.Res. 66 (115th): Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of Labor relating to savings arrangements established by States for non-governmental employees.
- H.R. 3089 (114th): GONE Act
- H.R. 3534 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 113 West Michigan Avenue in Jackson, Michigan, as the “Officer James Bonneau Memorial Post Office”.
- H.R. 2747 (113th): Streamlining Claims Processing for Federal Contractor Employees Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Walberg sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (24%) Labor and Employment (22%) Crime and Law Enforcement (16%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (12%) Health (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (6%) Energy (6%) Taxation (6%)
Some of Walberg’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1215: To amend titles II and XVIII of the Social Security Act to establish ...
- H.R. 233: Medicaid Patient Abuse Prevention Act
- H.R. 7386 (115th): Faster Access to Federal Student Aid Act of 2018
- H.R. 7049 (115th): Great Lakes Restoration Semipostal Stamp Act of 2018
- H.R. 7029 (115th): Preserving Direct Seller Independence Act
- H.R. 6376 (115th): Senior Executive Service Accountability Act
- H.R. 5194 (115th): Pregnancy Discrimination Amendment Act
|Walberg’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6157: Department of Defense and Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education Appropriations Act, 2019 and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2019
Sep 26, 2018. Passed 361/61.
H.R. 6157 provides $674.6 billion in total discretionary budget authority for the Department of Defense for fiscal year (FY) 2019. The bill provides $606.5 billion for the Department of Defense base budget, which is an increase of $17.1 billion above FY18 levels, and $68.1 billion ...
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 863: To facilitate the addition of park administration at the Coltsville National Historical Park, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2017. Passed 369/42.
H.J.Res. 43: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the final rule submitted by Secretary of Health and Human Services relating ...
Feb 16, 2017. Passed 230/188.
Joe Biden never got the opportunity to break a single 50-50 Senate tie in eight years as vice president. Mike Pence has already broken two. One from last month has since become law: a measure allowing states to withhold federal Planned Parenthood funding. (The other ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 4628 (112th): Interest Rate Reduction Act
Apr 27, 2012. Passed 215/195.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant legislative change to the U.S. patent system since the ...
H.J.Res. 48 (112th): Additional Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011
Mar 15, 2011. Passed 271/158.
From Jan 2007 to Feb 2019, Walberg missed 80 of 7,308 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: