Johnson was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2300 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 127 East Locust Street in Fairbury, Illinois, as the “Dr. Francis Townsend Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 4805 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 105 North Quincy Street in Clinton, Illinois, as the “Gene Vance Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Johnson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (24%) Health (19%) Social Welfare (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (10%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Labor and Employment (10%) Taxation (10%) International Affairs (10%)
Some of Johnson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4745 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on Cypermethrin.
- H.R. 4744 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on Cyproconazole.
- H.R. 4743 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on Pymetrozine.
- H.R. 4741 (112th): To extend and modify the temporary reduction of duty on Avermectin B.
- H.R. 4742 (112th): To reduce temporarily the duty on Prosulfuron.
- H.R. 4289 (112th): Transparency and Accountability in Congressional Travel Act of 2012
- H.R. 3774 (112th): Citizen Legislator Act of 2012
|Johnson’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.J.Res. 48 (112th): Additional Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011
Mar 15, 2011. Passed 271/158.
H.R. 2638 (110th): Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009
Sep 24, 2008. Passed 370/58.
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 3246 (110th): Regional Economic and Infrastructure Development Act of 2007
Oct 4, 2007. Passed 264/154.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2001 to Jan 2013, Johnson missed 470 of 8,568 roll call votes, which is 5.5%. This is much worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. ProPublica has tracked 302 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: