Read our 2016 Report Card for Kaine.
Our unique analysis of the bills Kaine has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Kaine is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Timothy Kaine sits on the following committees:
Kaine sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (33%) International Affairs (17%) Armed Forces and National Security (14%) Labor and Employment (11%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (6%) Native Americans (6%) Environmental Protection (6%)
Some of Kaine’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 66: A resolution supporting the goals and ideals of Career and Technical Education Month.
- S.J.Res. 22: A joint resolution granting the consent and approval of Congress to the Commonwealth ...
- S. 392: 400 Years of African-American History Commission Act
- S. 331: A bill to remove the use restrictions on certain land transferred to Rockingham ...
- S. 206: JOBS Act of 2017
- S. 2988 (114th): A bill to extend the sunset of the Iran Sanctions Act of ...
- S.Con.Res. 37 (114th): A concurrent resolution recognizing the George C. Marshall Museum and George C. ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Kaine’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Bill Passed 72/26.
H.R. 22: Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act
Dec 3, 2015. Conference Report Agreed to 83/16.
H.R 22, formerly the Hire More Heroes Act, has become the Senate’s vehicle for passage of the Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act or DRIVE Act (S. 1647). The DRIVE Act is a major bipartisan transportation bill that would authorize funding ...
H.R. 5771 (113th): Tax Increase Prevention Act of 2014
Dec 16, 2014. Bill Passed 76/16.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 18, 2014. Joint Resolution Passed 78/22.
From Jan 2013 to Feb 2017, Kaine missed 26 of 1,231 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: