2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Kaine »
Our unique analysis of the bills Kaine has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Kaine is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Timothy Kaine sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on State Department and USAID Management, International Operations, and Bilateral International Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Europe and Regional Security Cooperation
- Member, Subcommittee on Near East, South Asia, Central Asia, and Counterterrorism
- Member, Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Transnational Crime, Civilian Security, Democracy, Human Rights, and Global Women's Issues
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Some of Kaine’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 94: A resolution supporting the goals and ideals of Career and Technical Education Month.
- S. 478: Career Ready Act of 2015
- S. 465: Thomasina E. Jordan Indian Tribes of Virginia Federal Recognition Act of 2015
- S. 355: Teach Safe Relationships Act of 2015
- S. 191: Educating Tomorrow’s Workforce Act of 2015
- S. 2867: Creating Quality Technical Educators Act of 2014
- S.J.Res. 44: Authorization for Use of Military Force against the Islamic State in Iraq and ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Mar 2015, Kaine missed 9 of 725 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Joint Resolution Passed 53/46
Sen. Kaine [D-VA]: NayMar 4, 2015 11:38 a.m.
Motion to Proceed Agreed to 53/45
Sen. Kaine [D-VA]: NayMar 3, 2015 2:18 p.m.
This resolution’s text for status Resolution Agreed to (Mar 3, 2015) is now available.
Sen. Timothy Kaine [D-VA] is the sponsor of this resolution.Mar 3, 2015
Agreed To (Simple Resolution)
Sponsor: Sen. Timothy Kaine [D-VA]
Last Action: Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed to without amendment and with a preamble by Unanimous Consent.
Explanation: This simple resolution was agreed to on March 3, 2015. That is the end of the legislative process for a simple resolution.Mar 3, 2015