2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Walz »
Our unique analysis of the bills Walz has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Walz is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Timothy Walz sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Agriculture
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on General Farm Commodities and Risk Management
- House Committee on Armed Services
House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Walz sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Walz’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4124: Support America’s Armed Forces Reserve Component Retirees Act of 2015
- H.R. 3423: Agent Orange Extension Act of 2015
- H.R. 3173: Sportsmen’s Conservation and Outdoor Recreation Enhancement Act
- H.R. 1384: Honor America’s Guard-Reserve Retirees Act
- H.R. 1331: Quicker Veterans Benefits Delivery Act of 2015
- H.R. 203: Clay Hunt SAV Act
- H.R. 5680 (113th): Veterans’ Toxic Wounds Research Act of 2014
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to May 2016, Walz missed 77 of 7,308 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 7 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: