Read our 2016 Report Card for Walz.
Our unique analysis of the bills Walz has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Walz is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Timothy Walz sits on the following committees:
Walz was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 203 (114th): Clay Hunt SAV Act
- H.R. 3682 (113th): To designate the community based outpatient clinic of the Department of Veterans Affairs located at 1961 Premier Drive in Mankato, Minnesota, as the “Lyle C. Pearson Community ...
- H.R. 3670 (112th): To require the Transportation Security Administration to comply with the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Walz sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Walz’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4124 (114th): Support America’s Armed Forces Reserve Component Retirees Act of 2015
- H.R. 3423 (114th): Agent Orange Extension Act of 2015
- H.R. 3173 (114th): Sportsmen’s Conservation and Outdoor Recreation Enhancement Act
- H.R. 1384 (114th): Honor America’s Guard-Reserve Retirees Act
- H.R. 1331 (114th): Quicker Veterans Benefits Delivery Act of 2015
- H.R. 203 (114th): Clay Hunt SAV Act
- H.R. 5680 (113th): Veterans’ Toxic Wounds Research Act of 2014
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Walz’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 3393 (113th): Student and Family Tax Simplification Act
Jul 24, 2014. Passed 227/187.
H.R. 1947 (113th): Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013
Jun 20, 2013. Failed 195/234.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
From Jan 2007 to Feb 2017, Walz missed 90 of 7,765 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 7 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: