Sen. Timothy Wirth
Former Senator from Colorado
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Colorado's 2nd District
See Also: Bioguide
Wirth was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Wirth’s time serving in the Senate. Wirth’s bills had a total of 229 cosponsors in the 102nd Congress.
Use this chart to compare Wirth to other members of the Senate in the 102nd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Wirth’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3384 (102nd): International Population Stabilization and Reproductive Choice Act of 1992
- S. 3268 (102nd): United States Fish and Wildlife Service Law Enforcement Clarification and Enhancement Act
- S. 2771 (102nd): Clear Creek County, Colorado, Public Lands Transfer Act of 1991
- S. 2754 (102nd): A bill to clarify authorities of the Secretary of Agriculture is considering ...
- S. 2606 (102nd): A bill to further clarify authorities and duties of the Secretary of ...
- S. 2506 (102nd): A bill to ensure fair treatment of Department of Energy employees during ...
- S. 2397 (102nd): Yucca House National Monument Expansion Act of 1992
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1987 to Oct 1992, Wirth missed 114 of 1,986 roll call votes, which is 5.7%. This is worse than the median of 4.4% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills