Smith is the junior senator from Minnesota and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2018. Smith is next up for reelection in 2018.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Tina Smith sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Rural Development and Energy
- Member, Subcommittee on Commodities, Risk Management, and Trade
- Member, Subcommittee on Nutrition, Agricultural Research, and Specialty Crops
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
Smith sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Smith’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2874: A bill to amend the Food Security Act of 1985 with respect to ...
- S. 2885: A bill to amend the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 to require additional ...
- S. 2821: A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to provide for the ...
- S. 2775: Investing in 21st Century Workforce Partnerships Act
- S. 2654: Community Connect Grant Program Act of 2018
- S. 2599: Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe Reservation Restoration Act
- S. 2619: Agricultural Energy Programs Reauthorization Act of 2018
|Smith’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1892: Further Extension of Continuing Appropriations Act, 2018; Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2018, the SUSTAIN Care Act of 2018; Family First Prevention Services Act.; Honoring Hometown ...
Feb 9, 2018. Motion Agreed to 71/28.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of funding for the federal government through March 23, 2018, to avert a government shutdown that would have occurred on February 9, 2018 had this bill not been enacted. The bill was introduced as the Honoring Hometown Heroes ...
S. 139: FISA Amendments Reauthorization Act of 2017
Jan 18, 2018. Motion Agreed to 65/34.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the FISA Amendments Reauthorization Act of 2017. The bill would extend so-called "section 702" government surveillance under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. The bill was originally introduced and passed the Senate in 2017 as the Rapid DNA ...
From Jan 2018 to May 2018, Smith missed 0 of 101 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: