Cox was the representative for California’s 21st congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2019 to 2020.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Cox.
Cox is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2020 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Cox sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 28, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Cox sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cox’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8783 (116th): To amend title 40, United States Code, to add certain California counties ...
- H.Res. 1166 (116th): Expressing support for the designation of the month of October 2020, as ...
- H.R. 8210 (116th): Methamphetamine Response Act of 2020
- H.R. 8166 (116th): Western Water Storage Infrastructure Act
- H.R. 7926 (116th): Ensuring Veterans Access Act
- H.R. 7510 (116th): AHEAD Act of 2020
- H.R. 6933 (116th): Caring for Survivors Act of 2020
From Jan 2019 to Dec 2020, Cox missed 19 of 954 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2020. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: