Read our 2019 Report Card for Cox.
Cox is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Cox has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Feb 14, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
TJ Cox sits on the following committees:
Cox sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cox’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5848: To eliminate asset limits employed by certain Federally-funded means-tested public assistance programs, and ...
- H.R. 5438: End Valley Fever Now Act
- H.R. 5347: Disadvantaged Community Drinking Water Assistance Act
- H.R. 5316: Move Water Now Act
- H.R. 5257: Telehealth Expansion Act of 2019
- H.R. 4716: I CAN Act
- H.R. 4589: To make permanent the authority of the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to make ...
From Jan 2019 to Feb 2020, Cox missed 16 of 771 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: