Our unique analysis of the bills Akin sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Akin is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Akin sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (31%) Armed Forces and National Security (19%) Law (14%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (8%) Economics and Public Finance (8%) Health (8%) Crime and Law Enforcement (6%) Transportation and Public Works (6%)
Some of Akin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6000 (112th): Validating Entitlement Recipients through Indicated Federal Immigration Status Act of 2012
- H.R. 4971 (112th): SAFE Act
- H.Res. 464 (112th): Congratulating the St. Louis Cardinals on winning the 2011 World Series Championship.
- H.R. 3337 (112th): Open Burn Pit Registry Act of 2011
- H.R. 3246 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 3247 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 3248 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2001 to Jan 2013, Akin missed 459 of 8,568 roll call votes, which is 5.4%. This is much worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. ProPublica has tracked 108 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: