Our unique analysis of the bills Platts sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Platts is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Platts was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Platts sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (29%) Social Welfare (21%) Education (12%) Economics and Public Finance (10%) Agriculture and Food (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%) Science, Technology, Communications (7%) Transportation and Public Works (5%)
Some of Platts’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6044 (112th): Volunteer Veterans for Cemetery Service Act
- H.R. 5941 (112th): DART Act
- H.R. 3234 (112th): Unemployed Worker Assistance Act of 2011
- H.R. 1821 (112th): Family Engagement in Education Act of 2011
- H.R. 1335 (112th): To revise the boundaries of the Gettysburg National Military Park to include ...
- H.R. 411 (112th): For the relief of certain aliens who were aboard the Golden Venture.
- H.J.Res. 20 (112th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to limit ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2001 to Jan 2013, Platts missed 299 of 8,568 roll call votes, which is 3.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. ProPublica has tracked 7 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: