Our unique analysis of the bills Tiahrt sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Tiahrt is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Tiahrt was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5135 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 201 West Greenway Street in Derby, Kansas, as the “Sergeant Jamie O. Maugans Post Office ...
- H.R. 1761 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 9350 East Corporate Hill Drive in Wichita, Kansas, as the “Garner E. Shriver Post Office ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Tiahrt sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (20%) Government Operations and Politics (19%) Taxation (15%) Law (12%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%) Finance and Financial Sector (7%) Commerce (7%)
Some of Tiahrt’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 326 (111th): Honoring the life of Dr. Ronald W. Walters and commending his life ...
- H.Res. 1413 (111th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the holding in ...
- H.R. 5365 (111th): Sons and Daughters of America Act
- H.R. 5298 (111th): Fair Defense Competition Act
- H.R. 5253 (111th): Federal Research Public Access Act of 2010
- H.R. 5173 (111th): Secure the Border Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1279 (111th): Calling for an appeal of the ruling which found the National Day ...
|Tiahrt’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 1752 (111th): To provide that the usual day for paying salaries in or under the House of Representatives may ...
Jul 30, 2009. Failed 282/144.
H.R. 2638 (110th): Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009
Sep 24, 2008. Passed 370/58.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
H.R. 964 (110th): Securely Protect Yourself Against Cyber Trespass Act
Jun 6, 2007. Passed 368/48.
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2010, Tiahrt missed 425 of 10,703 roll call votes, which is 4.0%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 42 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: