Our unique analysis of the bills Young has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Young is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Young for more statistics.
Todd Young sits on the following committees:
Young sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (32%) Taxation (25%) Health (11%) Social Welfare (11%) Government Operations and Politics (7%) Crime and Law Enforcement (5%) International Affairs (5%) Armed Forces and National Security (5%)
Some of Young’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6166: To provide an additional allocation of low-income housing tax credits in response to ...
- H.R. 6019: Relief from Obamacare Mandate Act of 2016
- H.R. 5942: Dialysis Patient Access To Integrated-care, Empowerment, Nephrologists, Treatment, and Services Demonstration Act of ...
- H.R. 5911: Countering Violent Extremism Task Force Oversight Act
- H.R. 5910: Improving Economic Sanctions Act of 2016
- H.Res. 814: Calling on the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) to invoke Article 5 of ...
- H.R. 5506: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to establish a demonstration ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Young missed 74 of 4,071 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: