Read our 2018 Report Card for Young.
Young is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the Senate positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Young has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 21, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Todd Young sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- Chair, Subcommittee on Multilateral International Development, Multilateral Institutions, and International Economic, Energy, and Environmental Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on East Asia, the Pacific, and International Cybersecurity Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on State Department and USAID Management, International Operations, and Bilateral International Development
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Manufacturing, Trade, and Consumer Protection
- Member, Subcommittee on Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation and Safety
Senate Committee on Finance
- Member, Subcommittee on Health Care
- Member, Subcommittee on International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Member, Subcommittee on Social Security, Pensions, and Family Policy
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Young was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- S. 112: National FFA Organization’s Federal Charter Amendments Act
- S. 2276 (115th): Good Accounting Obligation in Government Act
- S. 1182: National Flood Insurance Program Extension Act of 2018
- S. 3008: Dr. Todd Graham Pain Management Improvement Act of 2018
- S. 963: Social Impact Partnerships to Pay for Results Act
- H.R. 2144 (114th): Program Management Improvement and Accountability Act of 2015
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Young sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (20%) Health (19%) Education (14%) Social Welfare (12%) International Affairs (12%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (6%) Transportation and Public Works (6%)
Some of Young’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1510: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the ...
- S. 1435: A bill to establish a commission for the purpose of studying the issue ...
- S. 1254: Stop for School Buses Act of 2019
- S. 1221: Innovation Zone Act
- S.Res. 173: A resolution relative to the death of the Honorable Richard G. Lugar, former ...
- S. 1059: Fund for Innovation and Success in Higher Education Act
- S. 1045: Nursing Where It’s Needed Act
From Jan 2017 to May 2019, Young missed 10 of 725 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is on par with the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: