Our unique analysis of the bills Cole has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cole is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Cole for more statistics.
Tom Cole sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- House Committee on the Budget
- House Committee on Rules
- Joint Committee on the Library
Cole sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cole’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 901: Providing for consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 5325) making ...
- H.R. 5926: Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations ...
- H.Res. 751: Relating to consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 2577) making ...
- H.Res. 736: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 4974) making appropriations for military construction, ...
- H.Con.Res. 106: Authorization for Use of Military Force Against the Islamic State of Iraq and ...
- H.Res. 566: Providing for consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 2029) making ...
- H.Res. 560: Providing for consideration of the conference report to accompany the bill (H.R. 644) ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Cole’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
Oct 28, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2003 to Sep 2016, Cole missed 247 of 10,053 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 78 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: