2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Cole »
Our unique analysis of the bills Cole has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cole is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Tom Cole sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- House Committee on the Budget
- House Committee on Rules
- Joint Committee on the Library
Cole sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cole’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 106: Authorization for Use of Military Force Against the Islamic State of Iraq and ...
- H.Res. 566: Providing for consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 2029) making ...
- H.Res. 560: Providing for consideration of the conference report to accompany the bill (H.R. 644) ...
- H.Res. 526: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 1737) to nullify certain guidance of ...
- H.Res. 495: Providing for consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 1314) to ...
- H.Res. 448: Providing for consideration of the concurrent resolution (H. Con. Res. 79) directing the ...
- H.R. 3137: To reaffirm the trust status of land taken into trust by the United ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Apr 2016, Cole missed 243 of 9,658 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 78 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: