Our unique analysis of the bills Cotton has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cotton is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Cotton for more statistics.
Tom Cotton sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Joint Economic Committee
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Member, Subcommittee on National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Cotton sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cotton’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3251: Relief from Obamacare Mandate Act of 2016
- S.Res. 544: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding compliance enforcement of Russian ...
- S. 3076: Charles Duncan Buried with Honor Act of 2016
- S. 3037: Social Security Disability Insurance Return to Work Act of 2016
- S. 3007: Open Skies Treaty Compliance Assurance Act
- S. 2884: EPA Accountability in Flint Act
- S. 2708: Religious Persecution Relief Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Jul 2016, Cotton missed 6 of 473 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is on par with the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: