Read our 2016 Report Card for Emmer.
Our unique analysis of the bills Emmer has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Emmer is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Tom Emmer sits on the following committees:
Emmer was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 534: U.S. Wants to Compete for a World Expo Act
- H.R. 4425 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 110 East Powerhouse Road in Collegeville, Minnesota, as the “Eugene J. McCarthy Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Emmer sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (26%) International Affairs (19%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Taxation (15%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Transportation and Public Works (7%) Crime and Law Enforcement (7%)
Some of Emmer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2954: To amend the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act of 1975 to specify which depository ...
- H.R. 2529: National Intersection and Interchange Safety Construction Program Act of 2017
- H.R. 2201: Micro Offering Safe Harbor Act
- H.R. 2017: Retirement Inflation Protection Act of 2017
- H.R. 1459: Financial Stability Oversight Council Reform Act
- H.R. 1081: To eliminate the discretion of the Secretary of Homeland Security regarding the definition ...
- H.R. 533: Create Jobs Act
|Emmer’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 985: Concrete Masonry Products Research, Education, and Promotion Act of 2015
Nov 14, 2016. Passed 355/38.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 23: National Windstorm Impact Reduction Act Reauthorization of 2015
Jan 7, 2015. Passed 381/39.
From Jan 2015 to Jun 2017, Emmer missed 20 of 1,647 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: